Dynetics announces its latest model in the GroundAware® family of reconfigurable surveillance sensors. The new GA1360 product will be unveiled today at the DistribuTECH annual electric power transmission and distribution conference in San Diego.
GA1360 is the GroundAware family's short-range sensor with a range of 1 km and a 360-degree field of view. A single GA1360 unit provides surveillance coverage of approximately 750 acres. Dynetics also offers GA4120, which was introduced in April 2016. It is the longer-range sensor with coverage to 4 km across a 120-degree field of view, providing coverage of up to 2,000 acres.
"Two products for long- and short-range detection provide our customers the opportunity to secure their perimeters in ways that works best for them. We heard from customers that they needed a sensor that would surveil 360 degrees but in a shorter range. Dynetics is proud to bring GA1360 to them," said GroundAware Project Manager Mike Stokes.
The GroundAware products are based on years of Dynetics radar technology development. Both products' feature a digital beamforming pulsed Doppler S-band radar, web-based and iOS/Android compatible.
Both models offer key benefits:
- Low-Cost Coverage: Surveillance coverage costs less than $60 per acre with GroundAware (one-tenth the cost of competing systems) and less than $3 per linear foot of perimeter (nearly an 80 percent savings versus competitors).
- Activity Logger: The updated data ensures accuracy and reliability so there are no false alarms and rejects nuisances.
- Classification Engine: GroundAware provides real-time automated detection of animals, humans, vehicles and aircraft.
- Easy Integration: Cameras, video management systems, access control and other systems require low to no cost to integrate with the existing system.
- Communication: Because it is web-based, GroundAware enables fastest response, anytime and anywhere, plus it is fully mobile with support for iOS and Android devices.
- Lifecyle and Support: GroundAware is installed and configured quickly and is backed with training, full warranty and ongoing support.
Dynetics also offers accessories from best-of-breed providers to complement the GroundAware family of surveillance sensors, including electro-optical/infrared cameras and mobile platforms.